I absolutely love watching my little clients as they grow. Sweet little C is such a cutie and these are a few shots from her newborn and 6mo sessions. Can’t wait to see her soon for her 1st birthday and hopefully her first few steps as well!
This gallery contains 6 photos.
Isn’t she the sweetest? It was a hazy spring day and perfect for a nature walk with my little client. It took everything I had not to squeeze those adorable cheeks 🙂
- I am AWESOME with kids! I like children so much, I even had two of my own. And they were both planned too. I might also add that, although it’s been a while, I actually used to be a kid myself! Some who know me might say I still act like a child at times, and to them I say, “I know you are, but what am I?” I am a mother and a child photographer, of course I act silly sometimes. Plus, it makes the little ones smile 🙂
- I have a couple of pretty sweet cameras, and I know how to use them well. I mean that’s the tough part right? Photography is not just looking through a viewfinder and pressing the shutter, it’s much more technical than most people think (including myself before I started). Many, many classes, tutorials and workshops had my name on the roster and sometimes even still do. I now photograph close to 90 families a year! Go ahead, take a look at my website, blog and Facebook fan page, you’ll see.
- I love exercising, so I can chase your kids for 2 hours without passing out. Sounds funny, I know, but I haven’t met a 2 or 3 year old yet that doesn’t run non-stop during a session. I need to be able to keep up, or I will miss all those great little moments when they stop to grab a bug and stick it in their mouth or yank a flower from your neighbor’s prize winning garden. All this is done with a large, heavy camera in hand – sometimes I even impress myself! Now all I have to do is stop indulging in all the treats my little clients share with me, and I might just lose those last 8 baby pounds for good.
- I can sing! Some might disagree, but I know I’m a good singer because my mom told me so. And I think I know pretty much every children’s song out there. Feel free to test me, I’ll bet I know it! In my school days, I used to study in song to help me remember my test answers. I can remember almost anything as long as it’s presented in a song. So not only will you have a great photo session with me, but you’ll be entertained by the musical stylings of yours truly.
And last but not least…..
- I absolutely love what I do. All joking aside, this is what I love to do. I feel so incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to meet so many wonderful families each year. It is the greatest gift to be invited into the lives of my clients and have them share a little of their world with me. The connections I witness, the love I capture, it’s amazing and I love every second of it. It is those same connections with my husband, children and family that inspired me to be a family photographer in the first place. There is such beauty in the simplest moments between you and your family, and we feel it in our hearts, but we rarely get to “see” it and hold onto it forever. I would love to freeze those special moments for you, and show them to you. So, go on, pick up that phone or start typing – I’d love to hear from you!